In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ruger 10/22 Magnum value, etc.

IndffrntIndffrnt Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited March 2009 in Ask the Experts
Can't seem to find any for sale. Somebody on GB is asking $750 for their gun, but I don't think thats right(?). I have one that I might sell, a friend has been hounding me, but can't settle on a price. 99%. It's as new but w/o the box. Safe queen all it's life, probably less than a box of ammo through it. Standard production, birch stock, no rust or anything. A couple very small handling marks on left side of stock, hard to see, like a fingernail drug across the finish (Safe rash). Also has a scope & rings, but I'm mostlty interested in it's approx. current worth range. Are these discontinued, or getting hard to find, etc. ? Any help is appreciated. (Maybe I'll just keep it, I can't believe it, but I actually forgot I had it... what a neat problem!) Thanks, Richard

Comments

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, that price is in the range; this gun was not produced in great quantity, & nice ones are easily $600-700. NIB will run close to $1K.

The original box & papers will help. You didn't provide photos, or what kind of scope you have, but you can search the SOLD listings to get an idea of what yours would bring.

Neal
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i think that's a bit high but who knows with prices crazy now...i bought a 22mag marlin auto years ago & strengthened up recoil spring to put more oomph down barrel & think probably could do this on ruger model...just this week got a NIB ruger 96/22M lever for $335....you can always go down on price but can only sell it once...friend or not
  • mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shopped the 10/22 mag for a long time and finally found one about 98% at a gun show for $425.00. Had the Ruger rings, but no box, papers etc. When they are available on this site they have been +/- $650.00. Try the advanced search for completed auctions. You'll see asking and selling prices there for the most recent auctions. Ruger made them for about 1-2 years starting in 1999, but many of those have been rebarreled to .17 HMR. For what it's worth, the 2007 Blue Book price guide for a 100% rifle is $425.00. There were no variations, just the plain birch stock, blued steel, and 18 1/2" barrel.
  • heavyironheavyiron Member Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have got to be joking, right? $600 to $700 for a Ruger 10/22 Magnum!

I bought one new off the shelf in about 2004 - they were still being made about then and it cost about $235.00.

I still have the box and instruction manual and a 17 Magnum barrel for it. I only put about 8 boxes of ammo through the rifle and still have some left.

Maybe I should consider selling while things are crazy.

Regards,

Heavyiron
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • shooter10shooter10 Member Posts: 461 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know what part of the country these "experts" are from but definitely not around me. Here, I would be tickled to death to find a 99% for anything near $600. Yes, you might have seen one for a lot less 4 years ago, but the .17 conversions are on fire. People here are going nuts for these. If it were mine, friend or no friend, the price on a 99% would be at least $600 and a steak dinner.
  • IndffrntIndffrnt Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys! That helps quite a bit. I didn't post a pic, thought if you've seen one..., etc. FWIW Scope is a new Simmons 6.5-20 AO I had laying around. I'm not a big Simmons fan & it looks out of place on this rifle, but I didn't want to buy another scope just to see it shoot, and there it stayed. Seems my investments in firearms are well out pacing my mutual funds. Is it too late to move to all firearms? :-)
  • jamesjojamesjo Member Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just sold my 10/22 mag 2 weeks ago. Excellent condition, with box, paperwork, rings lock, and extral mag in package. I still even had the plastic it was wrapped in. Sold it for $ 650 + shipping , and the buyer was happy to get it. bought it new in early 2000 for $ 275. Kind of think I should have asked a litttle more. No joke, that's what the going price seems to be right now.