In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

mini mag ammo for a ruger 10/22

SCPO RICESCPO RICE Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
edited March 2009 in Ask the Experts
Can you use mini-mag 22 ammo in the Ruger 10/22? What is the difference between the mini-mag 22 round and a regular 22 round?

Comments

• Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
  • Options
    SCPO RICESCPO RICE Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cci mini mag shells
    quote:Originally posted by Doug Wilson
    The name.

D.
  • Options
    heavyironheavyiron Member Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As Mr. Wilson said the only difference between the CCI 22LR mini-mag and a regular 22 LR is in the name.

The CCI Stinger is not supposed to be fired from the Ruger 10/22 rifle because the case is slightly longer.

Regards,

Heavyiron
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have fired many hundreds of Stingers from my 10-22s and never a problem.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been keeping records for about 30 years now, using dozens of commonly available .22 lr variations in countless pistols, revolvers and rifles. CCI Mini-Mags have been the most accurate in the majority of these guns and when not the most accurate, have been close behind in 2nd or (occasionally) 3rd place. In my 10-22 the CCI round usually loses out to W-W Power Points. Largely untested has been the ultra expensive target ammos like the various Eleys.
  • Options
    Mort4570Mort4570 Member Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    name and price.
    expensive for plinking,but they sure shoot nice in most .22's,including my ruger.