In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

H@R ULTRA SLUG SINGLE SHOTGUN

SCPO RICESCPO RICE Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
edited February 2009 in Ask the Experts
Can you use regular rifled slugs in the new H@R "ultra slug" Single shot shotgun? Or, must you use sabot slugs? The sabots are pricy and I was told that you had to use the sabots due to the rifling. I use regular rifled slugs in my Mossberg 500 rifled barrell. I have had no problems with my Mossberg have shot plenty of deer with this gun slug combination.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    You can use regular slugs but like any shotgun you need to shoot at a target to see what size group you get a Cheap shell may give a smaller group but also may give a bigger group .... Go with the brand and type shell that gets the best group if you are using to hunt. anything that goes BANG to plink with.
  • Options
    ASPASP Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    GENERALLY A STANDARD DEER SLUG WILL TEND TO LEAVE LEAD IN THE RIFLING. BE EXTRA CAREFUL TO GET IT OUT. IF YOUR ACCURACY GOES TO POT, IT CAN BE LEADING. THE SABOT DEER SLUGS ARE GENERALLY SEATED IN THE PLASTIC SABOT. USE A GOOD PLASTIC REMOVER ON YOU RIFLED BARREL TO PREVENT A BUILD UP OF IT

BOB