In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Browning A-500-R

browningA500RbrowningA500R Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited June 2003 in Ask the Experts
How much is it worth? It has the trap model glossy finish, semi-auto 12 gauge. It chambers 2-3/4" to 3" shells. Has the trap switch to where it will only fire once or all three. (I think it is R or MC) Trap wood finish w/black (blued) barrell and Red writing. Only one scratch on the gun, (was there when I bought it). About how much do yall think its worth? Can't find it in the Shooter's Bible (guess cause it isn't produced anymore).

Thanks,
Jason

Comments

• browningA500RbrowningA500R Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    BTT, Come on guys....somebody has to know this? i'm guessing in the 500-600 $ range, but not sure.

Jason
  • nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Ok, here goes...

Nice gun! And while it's an A-5, it's not. Made in Belgium which is a plus, but not that magic A-5.

Condition to condition it will go for about the same as the Miroku gun. 12ga is probably the most popular (and hence least valued) gun in the A-5 line.

If in the condition you describe, them you're not too far off as far as value. My guess is in the $500 - $550 range.

Nord
  • 257izmycal257izmycal Member Posts: 684 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Probably closer to 400.00 according to my sources. The 500G is about the same price. NIB should bring about 100.00 more. It is difficult to price other peoples guns and sometimes it is not wise but I have had several 500G's and that is about what you can get for them. I hope this helps. 257

You're a statistic whether you want to be or not.
  • browningA500RbrowningA500R Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys! Highest priced gun I have. It is in excellent condition and turns heads everywhere I take it. It is my pride and joy. The red accents, gold trigger, checkered on the pistol grip and vented recoil pad.....couldn't have said it better myself. It's my baby and maybe in a couple dozen years it will be worth as much as my dads over and under Ruger Red Label.

Jason
  • timbromantimbroman Member Posts: 1,164
    edited November -1
    Hello 500R and welcome to this forum. I see an A-500 at GunBroker Item 9216712 which may give you a feel for value as well. I am more familiar with the A-5 than the A-500 series, but I'm guessing 500G is gas-operated and 500R is recoil-operated? It seems some are European-made and others are Japanese-made, but I'm curious as to what is the significance of the "MC" in your posting. Thanks, Jim

timbroman@aol.com
  • 257izmycal257izmycal Member Posts: 684 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MC = Magazine Cutoff and R = Repeating.

You're a statistic whether you want to be or not.
  • timbromantimbroman Member Posts: 1,164
    edited November -1
    Aha 257, Thanks for the info. Jim

timbroman@aol.com