In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Locked threads

Bill DeShivsBill DeShivs Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
edited September 2006 in Ask the Experts
Pardon my ignorance, but I see quite a few good threads that are locked, while others seem to go on and on. Why are these threads locked?
Bill

Comments

• Bill DeShivsBill DeShivs Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see there are six locked threads on this first page, I read the threads and can't see why they were locked.

Can someone tell me what rules were violated?
    Serious question .. not trying to stir the pot.
  • Patriots sonPatriots son Member Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will take this one.....Ask the experts usually topps out
    at 10 replys, the general disc. is I believe at the discretion of
    the admins. I think this is close enough to answer your [?]
    by the way welcome to GB
  • sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BillDeShivs,

I'll second what Patriots son said here. The Ask the experts is written guidline to lock at 10 unless sufficient reason not to.

If you are referring specifically to this forum, there are from time to time good discussions about specific topics that are allowed to be extended at the administrators discretion. Very few of those here but when you see them they are very informative and the issue to let them go on has been weighed by the administrators to let that topic go on to generate continued good information on it.

I appreciate that as usually I find myself avoiding the general discussions for lack of firearm specific, or question specific, answers. This and the 'competition and reloading forum' have always provided me with the best info for continued reading just about firearms. hope that helps some
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bill DeShivs,

Questions asked here in this forum should be able to be answered in 10 responses or less. Questions that require more responses should open another topic or be asked in the General Forum. It's not personal so please don't take it that way. It encourages folks to answer the question instead of editorializing which belongs elsewhere and wastes responses which really apply to the question.

Best.