In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Just bought JUDGE

modocmodoc Member Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
really like this THING..A bit much in recoil BUT don't figure I'll have to use it often,,hard to remember the last person I shot..Had one of the REXIO's first for defense but it being a single shot and me being a poor shot worried me some..Except for the weight it should work out well. I've heard that they are going to come out with a THREE incher soon..WOW,, too much recoil for sure..I always figured that the first shot with #6 to the face and the rest to the body should do it RIGHT..Afterall,,if they can't see me they can't hit me..modoc

Comments

• jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I have to admit to being kind of interested in one of these myself, just on principle; though I suspect that a .410 blast of #6 to the face and the guy won't have much of a face left- further hits will be rather extraneous.
  • PC800PC800 Member Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jonk
    I have to admit to being kind of interested in one of these myself, just on principle; though I suspect that a .410 blast of #6 to the face and the guy won't have much of a face left- further hits will be rather extraneous.

In one of the Charles Bronson movies, he shoots a guy in the face with both barrels of a 410 derringer he was carrying on his ankle as his backup gun.
  • nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shoot a few slugs through it. I have a blast with mine. Its a nasty close quarters defense sidearm !
    Abort Cuomo
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by modoc
    really like this THING..A bit much in recoil BUT don't figure I'll have to use it often,,hard to remember the last person I shot..Had one of the REXIO's first for defense but it being a single shot and me being a poor shot worried me some..Except for the weight it should work out well. I've heard that they are going to come out with a THREE incher soon..WOW,, too much recoil for sure..I always figured that the first shot with #6 to the face and the rest to the body should do it RIGHT..Afterall,,if they can't see me they can't hit me..modoc
    The 3" is allready out!

A gun shop near me has allready sold 7 of them and only has one more in stock. He is ordering more and should have them very soon!
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had a chance to buy a 3" at a local auction last week for $275. I passed gun just looks to fugly
  • modocmodoc Member Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Fugly for sure..But if you ran out of ammo,it will make for a handy CLUB..heeaavvy...........modoc
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    I've looked at them, and cannot, for the life of me, find a use for one. It appears too unwieldy to carry. And what's the point of using it for home defense when a 410 shotgun would do the same job, only better...

If you want to use shot in a handgun, use shotshells. If you want to use slugs in a handgun...well, that's real easy.

I don't know...
    I just don't get it.

But I don't have to and that's what makes our country great.
  • work4gunswork4guns Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They're giving one away at a raffle on MissouriCarry.com It seems this is the new "I Just Gotta Have One" gun lately. Everybody's talking about it.
  • iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    The guys at gunblast really like. As I am almost neighbors with them [:D] I respect their opinion. I want one!! For self-defense, not much would beat a load of shot.

http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus-Judge.htm
  • agostinoagostino Member Posts: 414 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Around here they're backordered forever.