In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Indian Arms P380 ?

LodewijkLodewijk Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited February 2009 in Ask the Experts
Hey guys,

Did a site search, but it didn't garner very much pertinent information, so I hope someone can help me out.

I purchased an Indian Arms P-380 today locally (ser #004332), but I'm having the hardest time finding company info via Google or Yahoo searches.

I'm not really interested in value, as I love the piece, and have no plans to sell. I am however, wondering a few things.........

A)What years were these pistols actually produced?

B)As nice a firearm as it seems, why were only around 1000 produced ?

C)Can this piece be field stripped ? I haven't been able to figure this out yet.

D)Any company history info?

Thanks in advance for any help...[8D]

Lode

Comments

• TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lode, I seem to recall they were being sold in the late 70's early 80's. not positive but I think it was then. Bob
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The were out of Michigan in the mid 70's time frame. Walther PPK's couldn't be imported because of the passage of Gun Control Act of 1968. Some folks in MI figured there was a market for a replacement, hence the Indian Arms. You might contact Uncle Ralph at this link, he was a resident of MI during that time frame and I BELIEVE? had some connection to the organization/group that made the guns.

http://www.worldoflugers.com/index.htm
  • LodewijkLodewijk Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the responses guys. I've sent off an E-mail to Ralph to see if he could enlighten me some more.

Man, I really love this pistol...... haven't gotten to shoot it yet, but it really seems like a well made piece, and looks awesome. If it fires as well as it seems it should, I will have gotten a gem !

Thanks again....[^]