In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

opinion of pair M1A bare actions NOS

perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
edited March 2009 in Ask the Experts
Hello I have Two early M1A bare receivers serial 011279 & 011280 they have never been assembled into a firearm but are new old stock . I am thinking of listing for sale my question to you is do you think I will get more by one listing for a sequential numbered pair or should I list as two separate auctions....I would know what to do on first generation colt single actions but Need some suggestions on these items Thanks Perry Shooter

Comments

• bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    are these early s.a's?

father son teams like numbered guns like that. it might have a nitche.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello Bobski I got these many years ago direct from springfield when they first started coming to Camp Perry I had Ideas of trying to go double distinguished in the DCM high power match but never got around to building a match pair of guns[:(] Then They started shooting the mouse guns and after being in Nam 1965 I for one will NEVER own one of those Thanks for your input.
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    I'd list them separatly but reference each other in the discription.
  • iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    I'd list 'em together with a slightly inflated price, if you get no bids/watchers (I like knowing how many watchers an auction has with the v4 beta) then re-list separately.

Any way you could get a couple of parts kits for 'em?
  • cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What is an M1A1?
    30 carbine?

CP
  • swillswill Member Posts: 469 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • flyingtorpedoflyingtorpedo Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iwannausername
    I'd list 'em together with a slightly inflated price, if you get no bids/watchers (I like knowing how many watchers an auction has with the v4 beta) then re-list separately.

I would list them that way and see how many watchers you get as well. If lots of people are watching it, and if you don't need the money right away, I would relist them a few times under the original price. Because they are pre-ban folks in certain states may have a real interest in them. I came across a some USGI parts kits with a current production barrel here a while back but they are not cheap. http://www.shop.m-14parts.com/category.sc?categoryId=9 They are also some complete kits on the auction side from time to time.
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by flyingtorpedo
    quote:Originally posted by iwannausername

I would list them that way and see how many watchers you get as well. If lots of people are watching it, and if you don't need the money right away, I would relist them a few times under the original price. Because they are pre-ban folks in certain states may have a real interest in them. I came across a some USGI parts kits with a current production barrel here a while back but they are not cheap. http://www.shop.m-14parts.com/category.sc?categoryId=9 They are also some complete kits on the auction side from time to time.

I live in one of those "certain states"..New York. I would have to show proof of a build kit that has been in my posession, (sales slip, etc.) dating to prior to the AWB in order to legally posess the completed rifle. Don't matter, until you wish to sell. Then..

SerNo is run, and factory says "sold as receiver only". So, those in the "certain states" however remote, would be taking a chance if attempting to do a build. Non AWB states is perfectly OK, however.

..yes, I'm nitpicking, but you never know. Best, Joe

Edit to add:
    Sorry, prior post is misleading somewhat. You're good to go in one of the "bad" states (those with the AWB) if you get a F/S without the bayonet lug. And in NY, get pre-ban hi-cap mags..that's OK also. Sorry for the "off" information. Best again, Joe
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Assuming these were never configured as a rifle, on the new 4473 these would be listed as "receiver only" and since they could be configured as a handgun must be sold to a person over 21 - correct? That's the new rule for AR receivers.