In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

mfg date of Colt Police Positive .22

GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
edited June 2002 in Ask the Experts
Today Grandma gave me one of Grandpas old guns that we thought she had gotten rid of a long time ago. The serial # appears to be 90XX and then the letter 'K' but that's stamped a below and to the right of the serial #. It's got about a 6" barrel and the bluing looks pretty wore, some light pitting.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    As far as I can tell it's just PP, not PPS as it only says Police Positive Cal .22 on the left hand side of the barrel, near the frame. But then I guess my next question would be what makes it a Special? The sights appear adjustable. The front sight blade appears to be removable via a screw on the right hand side of the front post. The rear sight also appears adjustable now that I look at it. It has one screw on the top left of the sight and there are hash marks to judge how much adjustment has been made.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Saxon. It was Grandpas gun and he's been gone going on 7 years so it's got tons more sentimental value than $$ value!! Thanks again.