In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

CANCEL-Interesting information from Lee Precision

capecodcapecod Member Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2003 in Ask the Experts
I'm sure many of you know this but I'll pass it along anyway. I've been trying to buy a set of dies to load 32 S&W Longs. The Customer Service Dept. at Lee's just e-mailed me and said the their 32acp dies would do the job of loading 32 S&W Longs with some minor die adjustments.
Since I rarely shoot my 32acp pistol, I can leave the dies set to load 32 S&W Longs and stop adjusting and readjusting my H&R 32 Mag Dies - which was a real pain.
I hope someone finds this info helpful.
Any questions - e-mail Lee Precision.
John

Member NRA,GOA,DVA,LEAA & American Legion

For All The Fallen Heroes And All The Forgotten Victims
(Christopher Hyde)

Comments

• GatofeoGatofeo Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About 20 years ago I bought a set of RCBS dies. They include two bullet seating stems, so the dies could be used to load .32 ACP or .32 Smith & Wesson Long.
    I've only loaded .32 S&W Long on the dies. Perhaps RCBS still makes such versatile dies. You might want to check.

"A hit with a .22 is better than a miss with a .44!"
  • PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I have been using a set of Lee 32 acp dies for several years to load 32 acp, 32 S&W, 32 S&W Long, 32 French auto pistol. They work well for all of these.
  • capecodcapecod Member Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never even considered the possibility of using my 32acp dies to load 32 S&W Longs until I read a short article in a magazine. I shot around 30 or 40 32S&W Longs yesterday so now that I have some empty cases (and more coming in the mail) I'm anxious to see how the 32acp dies work.
    Thanks guys for the feedback
    John

Member NRA,GOA,DVA,LEAA & American Legion

For All The Fallen Heroes And All The Forgotten Victims
    (Christopher Hyde)
  • PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I am always trying to figure ways to load for some obsolete cartridge that I don't shoot a lot and don't really want to invest in a set of dies for something that I may not shoot 50 rounds a year. I use the Cartriges of the World book a lot. It gives all of the cartridge dimensions. I look for what ever is close to what I want to load and give it a try. I have about 30 different sets of rifle and pistol dies, so usually I can find something that will work. For example, I load 38 S&W by sizing with 38 spl die. I then expand and seat the bullet with a set of 9mm Makorov dies.
  • captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Your request is my command.....its locked and will be Deleted in several Hours..

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • PrebanpartsPrebanparts Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1