In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington .22

oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2002 in Ask the Experts
I'm looking to buy a good .22 and as of now I'm leaning toward either the Remington 552 BDL or the 572 BDL. Can anyone tell me some pros and cons of these,or your personal choice. Thanks

Comments

• oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My brother once had a remington .22 pump, I believe a model 121, Fieldmaster, something similar, that was unusual in coloring. The wood was a light finish, "blonde" is the only discription I can give, the metal was finished in something that looked like copper, although it probably wasn't. It was purchased in the late 1950's. He loved it as no other gun, and I'd like to find one for his birthday, but have no idea where to start. Can anyone identify it somehow for me so I know what to search for? I know it's a long shot, but have nothing to lose by trying.

There are no bad guns, only bad people.
    edited November -1
    Hi....Can someone tell me where to find the serial number on a Remington model 510 in .22 caliber? It's a bolt-action single shot. Thank you.....BT
  • deerslayer2002deerslayer2002 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    the model 121 was dropped in 1954,the model 572a fieldmaster took its place and is about the same other than reciever is a little longer.maybe easyer to find.

jack haught
  • Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    oldgunner, there is a Remington 121 on the auction site. go to #4353141 http://www.forthehunt.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=4353141

Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem.Semper Fidelis
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys. I've found one locally that I'll probably buy, but I was hoping to find one with the weird coloring. Oh well, this one will be a good second choice.

There are no bad guns, only bad people.
  • martzkj@msn.commartzkj@msn.com Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oldgunner, I think what your brother had was a 572 lightweight. They were made from 1958-62. They came with an alloy receiver that was colored in different colors. Buckskin (this sounds like your brothers) Model 572bt, this was copper in color. Other colors included teal wing blue (572twb) and Crown wing black (572cwb). These are hard to find in nice condition, and pricey. The last one a seen a couple years ago was in the $350.00 price range. I think you will pay 2-3 times for one of these guns than a regular 572.
  • martzkj@msn.commartzkj@msn.com Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check completed auctions. One ended on 5/29 with no bids. Price is $350, sounds about right if it's nice.