In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S&W PPK/S spotted

gravediggergravedigger Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2002 in Ask the Experts
I was very surprised to see one of these on a dealer's table at a gun show today. I believe it was around $489. I was tempted, but decided to let it prove itself in the marketplace before I buy.

-Marcus

****You'll find I'm full of surprises.-Luke Skywalker (The Empire Strikes Back)****

Comments

• Options
    k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have one at the store, seem to be ok, but its 550 that i am not lookin to spend
  • Options
    JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So what is the deal? Is Interarms no longer making the guns under license, but S&W is? What role, if any, does Interarms have now?
  • Options
    airborneairborne Member Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where you able to observe any difference in quality or appearance between the S&W model and a Walther or Interarms model?

B - BreatheR - RelaxA - AimS - SightS - Squeeze
  • Options
    gravediggergravedigger Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    airborne,

If that question was directed at me, I'd have to say that I never handled the Interarms (or any others for that matter)models very extensively. The finish and feel seem nice, but once again, I'm no expert.

-Marcus

****You'll find I'm full of surprises.-Luke Skywalker (The Empire Strikes Back)****
  • Options
    mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they are made to genuine Walther spec, there should not be any real issue other than whether 380 is adequate.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead
  • Options
    punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    There is no more Interarms. They went belly-up a while back. S&W is the US Importer/manufacturer for Walther now. The older PPK/S seem to have a little more 'hand fitting' and deburring than the newer S&W versions but the quality seems on par with any.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • Options
    nikibluenikiblue Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is the quote from the Guns and Ammo magazine, "...Walther supplies S&W with major portions of a German-designed service pistol called the SW99, and S&W manufactures several of Walther's pocket autos in its plant in Houlton, Maine. Walther USA has offices in the Springfield headquarters of the American firm. Bob Scott, president of S&W, wears another hat as president of Walther USA..."
  • Options
    airborneairborne Member Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nikiblue,

Thanks for the insight information.

B - BreatheR - RelaxA - AimS - SightS - Squeeze
  • Options
    flinchflinch Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did I not read, see, or hear somewhere that FEG was making Walther PP's and PPK's under a Walther contract recently?