In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

how much for a ghillie suit?

0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
edited November 2003 in Ask the Experts
i'm a marine sniper and ive got a cpl ghillie suits some i dont use any more .they are the real thing not made from a kit but by me by hand.from netting to bdu's w/ burlap i dyed and strung on.and canvas sewed on the front.it took me awhile to make them. I want to KNOW how much I should ask for them...If I decide to Sell one or both....
NO OFFERING TO BUY, SELL OR TRADE ON THE ASK THE EXPERTS FORUM.....

Comments

• ranger37ranger37 Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi and welcome..........

I`ve seen them run from about a buck thirty nine to over two hundred...[8D]

DO RIGHT GUNSMITH, INC.
  • cwinncwinn Member Posts: 1,223 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Being handmade i would expect to pay at least $150 for a quality made ghillie suit, depending on their quality i'd say 150-200, but its hard to tell without seeing them.
    Good Luck!
  • chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 0311marine
    i'm a marine sniper ...

And still an 0311?

"I think life should be more like TV. All of life's problems ought to be solved within 30 minutes with simple homilies. All our desires should be instantly gratified. Women should always wear tight clothes, and men should carry powerful handguns. Of course, if life was really like that, what would we watch on TV?" -Calvin and Hobbes
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    im no longer a 0311, it's just a screen name i picked ,
    thank you
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    cabellas has 2 in there inventory reduction catalog for 139.99 and 169.99.
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Folks that really need a ghillie usually have plenty of old BDU's laying around along with burlap and netting and would probably make their own before they forked out over $100 for one that was put through the rigors. What kind of shape are they in?

2571984.jpg

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmond Burke
  • chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 0311marine

im no longer a 0311, it's just a screen name i picked ,
    thank you

Cool. 8541 me, you? STA 8/1, back in the day.

"Go to Lakedaemon, stranger passing by;
    And say there, that in obedience to her law, here we lie"
  • steeltoe1978steeltoe1978 Member Posts: 3,248
    edited November -1
    There's one on ebay that has a bid at 189.95. It probably isn't even the same quality as yours. If you're serious about selling it, put an ad on a cork board at a paintball facility. It will sell top dollar there. A fellow Coastie has his Dad's Marine ghillie suite and uses it when he plays. It's d@mn hard to see him, and 9 times out of 10 he's the last one left! Here's the link (you may have to cut and paste it in sections):
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3635016021&category=31714

If they were mine, I would not sell it. After all, you made it while you were a Marine. I'd try to pass it onto family... maybe to your son or grandson (sorry I don't know how old you are) or nephew. Even if they didn't use it, they would at least have a piece of history of one of their relatives. I know it's not the same thing, but my Dad has his Uncle's revolver from when he was a police officer... and my Dad does not like guns [xx(]! Please consider before you sell. Just my opinion [:)]. - SteelToe
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    i want that it is awsome i would wear that to class

"Every time I hear the words animal and rights in the same sentence, I'm going out and killing 20 of something" - Ted Nugent
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i use to make those suits for for 150.00 custom made in my old days. i stocked the specops supply channels with them on govt contract. just remember, when youre done making them, they will be 2 sizes smaller than tagged. taking out seams and lacing tie-ins eats up seam space. so buyers....ask what size it is and figure its 2 sizes smaller when you put it on.....if its a REAL suit made with REAL govt contract pants and blouse.

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.