In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beeman Target Air Rifles

22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
edited June 2003 in Ask the Experts
I pick up one marked Falcon 1 .177 (made in Spain) today at an estate sale..
Looks like it has had very little use.
Little bit of surface rust on the barrel but a little Blue Wonder restored it to "new".

I don't know much about Beeman's and can't find this model anywhere on the web only the R-9 which looks exactly like this.

1lcm.jpg
underway.gif

Comments

• Options
    mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you mean Falcon? Most Beeman guns are imports to my knowledge and something made in Spain might indicate it was built for Beeman by Gamo. Just an educated guess. Beeman has an absolutely first rate reputation even if some of the guns they market today are not the high grade models of the past.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes Falcon I typo'd it.
    I have found some made in England, Webley & Scott
    and in Germany by Feinwerkbau and Weihrauch

The Falcon I and II seem to be the only ones made in Spain but no info who in Spain made them

1lcm.jpg
    underway.gif
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    The Beeman Falcon (there was a Model 1 and 2) were both discontinued back in 1984 so this is why they are no longer listed on the Beeman web site. These were good serviceable rifles, although not very powerful (600 to 700 fps) and by the time they were discontinued their competitors were pushing 900 fps. Speed sells in the air gun marketing game. When discontinued the Falcons retailed for about $120 and a nice example would probably sell in the $75 range.

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Mark thats a help.
    700 FPS is not all that bad.

I paid $60 for this one so not a bad deal

1lcm.jpg
    underway.gif