In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington ADL vrs. BDL

nzzytbnzzytb Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited January 2006 in Ask the Experts
What's the difference between and ADL and a BDL remington 700? Also, does anyone know which model of H-S Precision stock was used on the Remington Sendero and if the stock is still available. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The BDL is the more "Deluxe" version of the ADL. It has a hinged floor plate on the mag. The stock has fancy checkering and white inserts in the stock along with a more glossy finish.

Welcome to the forums!!
  • Options
    roysclockgunroysclockgun Member Posts: 310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are really going to give the rifle hard use in the field, the ADL is a better buy. I cannot remember the last time I even used a floor plate to remove cartridges from a loaded rifle and the pretty doesn't do you much good when you get dirty weather during the hunting season.
  • Options
    godalejrgodalejr Member Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the adl is a good rifle i have one in 243 and 22-250,it is synthetic. both were accurate right out of the box. you can get these at gb on the auction site.heard wally world had them too.it is almost 155.00 savings over the bdl.both mine out shoot me.i do not think the new 700sps is better than the adl just more exspensive, beside my dad always said fancy never made up for accuracy.
  • Options
    HeavyBarrelHeavyBarrel Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nzzytb
    Also, does anyone know which model of H-S Precision stock was used on the Remington Sendero and if the stock is still available. Thanks.
    It's just a long action H-S varmint stock with the black/grey web color, try the classified adds on here or some of the other shooting related websites, they are plenty around for sure, good luck.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    The Sendero stocks are still available from a few places, I know Brownells.com has them.
    They are a varmint style stock.
    They are available in both short and long action, and they have a long aluminum bedding block in them that usually needs to be bedded to be perfect.
    They do show up on the auction sites from time to time......
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the sendero stocks go for avg $165 or so from what I see.

the adl action actually has more material on the bottom of the action due to not being releived for the magazine box which makes it slightly more rigid.