In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

7.62x39

cheezecheeze Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
I would like to learn more about this round. It seems to be a very inexpensive centerfire catridge and easy on the pocketbook for plinking. I can't think of any cheaper. What kind of range would it have coming out of an AR Style gun? How would it do on Texas hogs and varmits? Thanks

Comments

• cheezecheeze Member Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am looking for cheap 7.62x39 ammo. I tried J and G Sales but they want $117 after shipping. Is there a place where I can get a better deal or do I just have to wait until the next gun show?
    Dragon's Lair Fighting Arts, Dragon Style Wind Fist Kung Fu.
    edited November -1
    i know this question has been asked before but where is all of it of going it is getting harder and harder to find it
    edited November -1
    What is the effective range for varmints etc with this caliber?
    edited November -1
    How well do the steel case ammo work in the Rugar mini 30
    any feed back will be helpful.
    edited November -1
    where is it going and do you know when alot will be back?
    edited November -1
    I need to find a place where I can buy some 7.62 ammo for cheap. Any suggestions?fuddaddy13@hotmail.com
  • gravediggergravedigger Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try www.jgsales.com. Or if you don't want to buy a case or more, try your local gun show. I've seen Wolf 7.62 for as low as $2.75/box. Also, sometimes Academy has some 7.62 for $2.99/box.===Sorry for the repeat, Capt. Kirk, our posts must've crossed or maybe I just didn't see it.===-Marcus[This message has been edited by gravedigger (edited 11-29-2001).]
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the help guys.Capt Kirk,Thats a good one but from my experience it is more like this:"NEVER MEDDLE IN THE AFFAIRS OF DRAGONS! (Afterwords, people) WILL FIND YOU CRUNCHY AND (covered with a substance resembeling) CATSUP."
  • chuckuchucku Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.ammoman.com has 1000 rounds for $99 delivered. Shipping is expensive on a case of ammo so get a shipping quote. Some places sell it for $80 buy the shipping is $25. Aim surplus is the place for.308,1000 rounds of portugese for $140+shipping
  • ref44ref44 Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought 7.62x39 Russian HP and .308 Portguese ball Monday from Classic Arms for $79/case and $129/case. I've not seen any .308 much cheaper than that. You may see ads for less on lots of ammo and Romanian AK's; but, call them and you may find out they are "out of stock".Classic Arms:(800)383-8011(704)238-1222