In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bushmaster Bullpup M17S

gravediggergravedigger Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in Ask the Experts
My brother-in-law just bought one of these. Now I'm thinking of getting one too. Any experience with this weapon appreciated. What kind of mags does it take? The guy at the gun shop said M-16 mags, but aren't those the same as AR-15 mags? Also, which aftermarket mags work best? -Marcus

Comments

• Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GDThey are a great little gun, short & well balanced, but the sights are worthless. I put a BSA 30mm red dot on mine for about $30 ... it will ring an 18" gong at 300 yards with cheap ammo all day! I've never shot it for Accuracy per sey, but at 100yds I think it was around 1"-2" with the same red dot ... a scope would probably produce better results.Yep, AR-15 & M-16 mags are the same ... as for aftermarket, I have a bunch of military surplus mags so I really can't comment but I'd probably lean to the Thermold, I have a bunch of them for my HK & they work great.
    GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.