In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Meprolight sights

gravediggergravedigger Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in Ask the Experts
Anyone have experience with these? I was thinking about putting some on my Kimber Custom and possibly my Sig 226 also.-Marcus

Comments

• Options
    1blitzer1blitzer Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have them on my glocks. They appear to be brighter when I compared them to a co-worker that had trijicons installed around the same time.
  • Options
    SG&A , INC.SG&A , INC. Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    don't waste your money! You get what you pay for.
  • Options
    ref44ref44 Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used both Trijicons and Meprolights. I think Trijicon had the better project several years ago and they are still excellent; but I believe Meprolights are equal to them today.I am sure there are times when they might be of value; but I would suggest any home user stop and ask one question: if the light is low enough to need the sights, would you pull the trigger on someone across the room whom you could not identify?
  • Options
    axlerfanaxlerfan Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    have meprolites on my sig 229 since i got it in 1995. still bright. no complaints. very pleased.
  • Options
    M.OpaliskiM.Opaliski Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Night Sights are a gimmick, if they are not on a pistol when you buy it don't waste your money.
    Support your RKBA ... MatthewNRA Life MemberTalk Radio Junkie opaliski@hotmail.com TheFirearmsEnthusiast[This message has been edited by M.Opaliski (edited 11-30-2001).]
  • Options
    roundballroundball Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've used meprolite pins on my hunting bows since the mid-90's...simply outstanding;At dusk when you can still easily distinguish a Deer in the woods, you can't see the tiny pins in a bowsight when looking through the peep in the bowstring;Meprolite bowsight pins solved that...I assume they'd be as effective on rifle and pistol sights, etc;