In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Steel shot through A 5

Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
Gentlemen, could any here please tell me if it is ok to shoot steel shot through my Browning A 5 12 ga.? It is about a 1955 or so production, and I just wanted to be sure that it would not harm my barrel in any way. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    DONT shoot steel thru early Browning A5 barrels [:(!] the steel was too soft in the early Browning barrels . I think it was even a few years after steel shot had to be used on WATER-FOWL be fore Browning changed their steel.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Depends on the choke. No full choke.
  • Options
    Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    DONT shoot steel thru early Browning A5 barrels [:(!] the steel was too soft in the early Browning barrels . I think it was even a few years after steel shot had to be used on WATER-FOWL be fore Browning changed their steel.

Thanks Perry for the confirmation. I didn't think that I could.
  • Options
    rock,roll,n,loadrock,roll,n,load Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't do it!! Not with the 1955 barrel, get a newer barrel with the Invector Plus choke tubes and you can shoot steel with that.