In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Walther PPS 9mm - Has production started?

MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
edited October 2007 in Ask the Experts
I have seen the Walther PPS "First Edition" limited production 9mm single stack pistols and assume that Walther will start producing this same pistol in greater numbers without the "First Edition" hype.

Does anyone know if the production of these has started? I would like to purchase one of these pistols, but am not interested in paying a premium for the "First Edition" model.

Thanks,
Regards, MAALOX

Comments

• theboogeymantheboogeyman Member Posts: 783 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not aware of them producing the regular 9mm yet, which is a shame, because I've been eagerly looking forward to the release of this pistol. Unfortunately, I'll probably be waiting longer, because I'm waiting for the .40 S&W version....
  • MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks, the Walther website says Fall of 07 so I am hoping one shows up on the auction side in the near future.
    Regards, MAALOX
  • theboogeymantheboogeyman Member Posts: 783 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me too! What did you say you wanted the 9 or the .40?
  • yachtdaveyachtdave Member Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Walther PPS is only released in the first edition model. regular production model won't be around until around shot show.
  • humelbr2humelbr2 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got a pair for me & my wife. It was quite hard to find. Cost with S&H was 687.00 + transfer (local dealer).They came with 3 mags and a noce case. 2 backstraps. We realy like them. Regarding the .40 the dealer informed me that it should be available by Nov.; NO PROMISSES he sais.

quote:Originally posted by Maalox
    I have seen the Walther PPS "First Edition" limited production 9mm single stack pistols and assume that Walther will start producing this same pistol in greater numbers without the "First Edition" hype.

Does anyone know if the production of these has started? I would like to purchase one of these pistols, but am not interested in paying a premium for the "First Edition" model.

Thanks,
  • MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I didn't understand your post. Did you purchased the PPS or the PPS First edition? Thanks

quote:Originally posted by humelbr2
    I got a pair for me & my wife. It was quite hard to find. Cost with S&H was 687.00 + transfer (local dealer).They came with 3 mags and a noce case. 2 backstraps. We realy like them. Regarding the .40 the dealer informed me that it should be available by Nov.; NO PROMISSES he sais.

quote:Originally posted by Maalox

Thanks,
    Regards, MAALOX