In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

rings for a 460 XVR and other questions

PdogPdog Member Posts: 291 ✭✭
edited August 2007 in Ask the Experts
I think I found a decent base. Now I need to know which rings would be good, Probably putting a Burris 3-12 or 2-7 scope on it. But curious if I should use the burris low or med QD rings or if I should use permant ones. Depending on rings kinda of decides which base I buy.

Edit thanks, cubslover. Kinda of want QD Just incase the scope doesn't hold up. But not really sure. Never scoped a handgun before. Also is 3-12 to much. Read some stuff that anything above 6 can't really use in the field just curious. Also should I get low or medium thinking low since its a 32mm scope but not postive since I have never owned one.

On the interchangeable compensater I know the holes and lengths are different but why do I need to change them and what happens if I shoot lead though the jacketed one or vice versa.
Edit. Problem is I dont' have a close/local gunsmith. Why I try to get a idea about it.

Comments

• Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd go with permanent Warne Rings.

We had QD Warnes on the AR50 in our shop. Sold like it was. I think the Warnes are the best on the market for heavy recoiling guns. Anything that isn't a Magnum, and I'll stick with Burris Signature rings.

Edit...

I'd go with the 2-7, that 460 with the right bullet will use all of that scope, but really won't have a need for a 12x scope.

Most hunting rifles won't be found with more than a 12x scope.

Take the pistol and scope to your local shop that sells both the rings you're looking at, they will mount the best ones for you. I think the lows are all you'll need anyways. I also don't think you'll have an issue or problem with the Burris scope. One of the best scopes in the industry.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.