In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

pistol need some info

ladd603ladd603 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited September 2007 in Ask the Experts
on barrel it says GABILONDO & VITORIA (ESPANA)
38 SPECIAL CTG and on the other side it reads ACERO DE ALTA RESISTENCIA. There are more small marking on this pistol. one say RUBY EXTRA. like to know the value if any.

Comments

• Options
    john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spanish copy of (probably) the S&W Military and Police. Gabilondo was considered a decent gunmaker and made guns for the Spanish military at one time. Having said that, if it were mine I would not shoot +P in it, or any other M&P for that matter.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's difficult to give a value without photos, as condition has a great effect on your revolvers value.

That said, the Llama revolvers that were sold in the U.S. using the "Ruby" Trade Name, (circa 50's & 60's). Aren't big buck items, sight unseen my WAG is that it would be in the $100 - $200 range. If it's functional, and at least Very Good condition.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Pics, condition, a LOT more info needed to EVEN get close...[;)]

ani-texas-flag.gif
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As above. Acero de alta.... Stainless steel.
  • Options
    abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello and Welcome Aboard !!!
    Yes , these are of fair quality as per compaired to the s&w it is copied from ...we have had and 'smithed' on a few of these , parts are next to impossible to find , with that in mind as well as the fact that it is what it is , I would NOT shoot it much if any at all !
    Good Luck !!!
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Niota , Tn
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Look up at the Right Top portion of the screen.....You'll see <SEARCH>..
    Click the Search Engine...Follow instructions....Type in "RUBY"...Hit enter...VIOLA!!! You'll find that You have a RUBY Type Handgun.....best...
  • Options
    Bill DeShivsBill DeShivs Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gabilondo is actually Astra.
    Bill