In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ALASKAN GUIDE SCOPES ??

MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
edited April 2006 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone have any information on these scopes offered by Cabela's ?
Are they any good . Who makes them etc ? Thanks guys..

Comments

• nelchrisnelchris Member Posts: 557 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    buddy has one very nice,not sure but I heard maybe Nikon??
    They are hush-hush on who makes their scopes
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have not used them, but have looked them over at Cabela's. They seem decent for the price, but of course that is not a field test. They would not tell me who made the scope for them, but they do look like Nikon products. Cabela's customer service it top drawer so I would not be afraid to buy one if that was my price range. That said, I would save for a Burris.
  • dheuker22dheuker22 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    MFI, did you end up getting one? I am looking into them for my Winchester Model 70 in 7mm Mag. Any more info you have on them would be helpful. Thanks
  • hadjiihadjii Member Posts: 976 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Cabela's Alaskan Guide scope in the 30mm variety. A 6.5-20 X 52mm. I love the scope. Wouldn't be happier with it if it said Leupold, Burris, or whatever. It's a little heavy, but for what the scope is, it should be heavy. I believe this particular scope is made by an independent scope maker from Japan that also makes the Tasco Titan scopes, and also some of the Bushnells. The cheaper ones I was told was made by either BSA or Famous Maker. All I know, is that the scope I have is a darned good one.
  • jptatumjptatum Member Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have two, 4X44 and 6X44. I really like them. They are as good or better than anything in their price range.