In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Best Commercial Practice Ammo

anadanad Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
edited January 2003 in Ask the Experts
Because of my earlier post concerning S&B ammo and some difficulties I have encountered with it, I would like to know if there is a "best" practice ammo in .357 magnum and .44 magnum.

Thanks,

Anad

"Feces eventus, hoc agere"

Comments

• Options
    LABWILDLABWILD Member Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I load my own. When I bought factory ammo, I usually got good results from Winchester. The white box loads (some called them Q-loads) were usually the cheapest. I shot some IMI factory .44 mags and they were good also. No two guns are the same so you may have to experiment.
  • Options
    SG&A , INC.SG&A , INC. Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use Federal American Eagle for my range ammo and have had no problems. Winchester makes an ammo sold only to ranges but some dealers may sell it retail.However Winchester frowns upon this practice.

STAY SAFE
  • Options
    mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Magnum revolver loads are really the best arguments for handloading I can ever imagine. Factory 44 mag ammo is real expensive and you can make a wonderful easy to shoot target load for a small fraction of even what a plain 44 SPL round would cost.

Most places do not stock inexpensive factory ammo for either 357 or 44. You can substitute 38 Special for the former. I like Winchester or Federal American Eagle in 38.

Reloading can be a pain, but being able to shoot three boxes of 44 instead of one and still have money left for a power lunch at the Golden Arches makes it worthwhile [:D]

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead
  • Options
    purebreedrebelpurebreedrebel Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    if you want true cheap ammo reload your own you get better results also.
  • Options
    XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    "Reloading can be a pain, but being able to shoot three boxes of 44 instead of one and still have money left for a power lunch at the Golden Arches makes it worthwhile."

Mballai....nice to see that we have a true gourmand on the board! [:)]

I do agree that if you shoot magnums (which can get expen$ive), reloading is the way to go.