In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

? about maryland gun laws

trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2002 in Ask the Experts
Im looking into buying a sar-1. What does maryland consider as a high capacity mag? Thanks for the help!

Go Army Beat Navy
IF you wanna have fun jine the cavalry

Comments

• greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    Under the current Gov. a clip that holds 1 round is too much!
    Unless, the new Gov. recinds previous exec orders or has old laws wipped off the books it may follow Fed Law and stop at 10 for pistols and 15?-20? for rifles.
    Heard the new Gov is an endowment member of the NRA, shooter and gun advocate. Hope he lives up to the rumors.
    The outgoing Gov always felt guns were for melting down. All he was good for was sniffing out fresh P_ _ _ _! His new wife started as a $25,000/yr asst then in a matter of months got "elevated" to asst chief of staff for $125,000/yr, then when his old wife (who he left his original wife for) found out and the new asst became the new fiance...Christ, you needed a score sheet to know who was in the "up" box with him...OH what a tangled web he wove!
  • SunraySunray Member Posts: 773 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to the NRA site. There's a link to a page with every State's laws. Stupid or not. It just boggles my mind that some States say FA is ok but not a suppressor while others are just the opposite. And I thought our politicians were brain damaged
  • poshposh Member Posts: 360 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Article 27, section 36H-5(b) of the MD Code provides that "A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive or transfer a detachable magazine ... if the magazine has a capacity of more than 20 rounds...." It's likely someone will be selling SAR-1s with 20 round mags at the gun show at Gaithersburg this weekend. I've seen them at past shows. Regards, posh.
  • anadanad Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited November -1