In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Topic Lock

IowaShooterIowaShooter Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
edited December 2002 in Ask the Experts
I posted a question yesterday about Mini 14's.
I got some excellent responses and even received greetings from a fellow Iowan (I'm in Des Moines, Judge).
Now I notice that the topic is locked. What's up with that?

Comments

• Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Quite simple actually...After 10 Postings I shut down the Topic (Sometimes I get behind and the topic gets away from me) This keeps the Ask the Experts Forum Moving and Fresh. Its my considered Opinion that after 10 replies the Topic has run its course. If its a Discussion that you desire, then Post IT in the General Discussion Forum's where the Topic can go on forever.....I'm not being Rude...Only keeping the Ask the Experts from turning into another Discussion Forum, and its worked just fine for the past 3 Years I've been Moderator of this Forum......Respectfully...........

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Capt-- May I say I agree with the way you moderate and commend you for the good job you've done...oh, sorry for the discussion.

[:D]

Rafter-S

"What is truth? No wonder jesting Pilate turned away. The truth, it has a thousand faces -- show only one of them, and the whole truth flies away! But how to show the whole? That is the question."
    --Thomas Wolfe, "You Can't Go Home Again" (1934)
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    You're Forgiven...Have a Happy New Year...Respectfully Yours.....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff