In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Questions on the T/C Encore

bullhaulerbullhauler Member Posts: 118 ✭✭✭
edited December 2002 in Ask the Experts
I am considering building a custom encore in 7mm-08 ack. imp. My first question is: are the T/C's accurate? Also can the triggers be lightened? The website says adjustable for overtravel but surely someone makes some replacement parts or an entire trigger assy. to get the trigger pull down to around 2lbs. The barrel I am considering is made by EABCO(E. A. Brown). The barrel retails for around 400 bucks. Is anyone familiar with their products? Are they as good as their prices say they are? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

welcome to America...now speak english or get the ****out

Comments

• ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thompsons are made about 40 miles from where I live.They have one of the best Lifetime Warranties around, no matter if you bought the gun new or used.I would contact the barrel mfgr. Brown about the trigger as he does a lot of work on the Encore & the Contender.

[8D][:D][:)][;)]

ATF
  • PythonPython Member Posts: 267 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bullhauler;
    T/C's are very accurate with the right barrel lenght and riflinf for the chosen caliber. Brown porduces very good barrels for the encore. Timney produces adjustable and set triggers for about any action made, past or present.
  • LABWILDLABWILD Member Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TC Encores are accruate and E A. Brown produces some of the most accurate handguns made. Many of the shooters in my Silhouette group use them.
  • ButchdButchd Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check out www.reedercustomguns.com
    Gary Reeder builds some great Encores in just about any caliber you want. I hunted with a 300 win mag he built and loved it.
  • bullhaulerbullhauler Member Posts: 118 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys for the feedback. I guess I neglected to add that the encore will be a rifle with a 26" barrel and not a handgun. So, if you guys know of any other custom builders that specialize in encore rifles let me know.

welcome to America...now speak english or get the ****out