In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

tang sight for a rem. 14 1/2 pump.

eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
edited May 2009 in Ask the Experts
i need a reciever sight for a remington 14 1/2 pump rifle, does any one know if a remington model 14 reciever sight will also fit my remington 14 1/5 ? (i want the one that fits the exsisting holes at the rear of the action). thanks eastbank.

Comments

• tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    First off, we need to establish which you are looking for, as the data provided is mixed. Are you looking for a tang sight or a reciever sight? They are different.

I am sure Marbles, or Lyman makes something that will be very adaptable if note a direct fit.

Best
  • eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    TSR, yes they are. as the rem. 14 and 14 1/2 do not have a tang to speak of,the peep sight is mounted on the rear of the reciever by two screws, the sight extends back over the wood a little bit. the rear sight is mounted up on the barrel ahead of the reciever. what i was asking was does the md.14 and md. 14 1/2 use the same sight(is the spacing for the mounting screws the same?). thanks for your reply, eastbank.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one hoping it would fit the 25 Remington and sold it when it didn't.
    The Marbles R8 is for the Remington 14 & 141.
    I'd take a chance on any Lyman, Marbles or King sight for the Rem 14.
    A King sight I have for the Remington 12 & 25 is marked R12 so King sights are marked for the actual gun.
    The Lyman Sight I had I believe was also marked R8 but I'm not sure.
    edited November -1
    V35, thank you. thats what i needed to know. and its good to know the rem md 25 and the rem md 12 take the same sight. eastbank.
  • spooksterspookster Member Posts: 513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is one listed on ebay # 200346367418
    edited November -1
    thanks *, i,ll look. eastbank.
    edited November -1
    *, that sight is for the rem. models 12,121,25.what i need is for the rem. model 14-14 1/2. eastbank.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That Lyman tang sight for the 12, 121 & 25 requires you to drill a hole in the stock for a wood screw. The one I had for the 14 had a shorter base and didn't. It was held only by the two screws.