In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Buyer Offered to Shill for Discount

Old-SchoolOld-School Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in Ask the Experts
I am selling my Ruger No 1 and a stranger emailed me and offered to drive price up for 10% discount. It angered me that someone would think i was some kind of low rent punk. I want to report this guy but cannot find out where to? I have his full name I think. I will be looking to buy a gun down the road and would torque me off if I knew this had happened to me. Hope someone can steer me to where I can report him or do I let it go?

Comments

• Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Yes, report him. Go to the auction side http://www.gunbroker.com/and click "Help" at the top of the page, then "Contact Customer Support" and open a new support issue.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go back to the main Green Screen, click on help, then contact customer support. Shill bidding will get you booted from any of the auction sites. If you have his emails, forward them to customer support.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, I will do so. I have meet several good people on Gunbroker and this was my first negative experience. Like everything else in the world, it only take few bad apples...you know like Obama, Pelosi and Reed, where the ends justify the means.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Okay I reported him to customer support. I hope they won't pull my auction for being honest and reporting this jerk. My gun has more upside I think. Please pray for our son and his buddies who are fighting in Afghanistan near Pakistan border now.

Thanks for the advice men. Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-School
    Okay I reported him to customer support. I hope they won't pull my auction for being honest and reporting this jerk. My gun has more upside I think. Please pray for our son and his buddies who are fighting in Afghanistan near Pakistan border now.

Thanks for the advice men. Mike

Don't worry. They won't pull your auction and appreciate knowing about people trying to circumvent the rules. You did the right thing. [:)]
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What do you have on auction ?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am selling my Ruger No 1
    Auction # 129967144.

Thanks...Mike
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-School
    I am selling my Ruger No 1
    Auction # 129967144.

Thanks...Mike

It's easier to find this way: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=129967144
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Right you are...how can I insert a photo here?
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is an entire thread of instructions stuck at the top of the experts forum. It ain't tough even I can do it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Pictures of our son leaving for Afghanistan two weeks ago. He had only been home few months from Iraq after volunteering to be with Marine EOD as Corpsman.
    Web?authkey=Gv1sRgCJPElcO008qi1wE#5341393602474196802

Web?authkey=Gv1sRgCJPElcO008qi1wE#5341393606513137554

Web?authkey=Gv1sRgCJPElcO008qi1wE#5341393616456881762