In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

bulk .22 ammo

JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in Ask the Experts
Went to Walmart and could have bought all the Federal bulk .22 I wanted. in the 550 Federal pack for 13.37. I think in some areas the hoarders are getting their bellys full. Some of those guys shouldnt need to buy any for the rest of their life. Ammo should get real cheap.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I been checking the local wally world 3 times a week for the last month, Nada.

A holes have been trying to sell it at the local gun shows for $30 though.
  • Options
    stevecreastevecrea Member Posts: 486 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A few days ago, I saw 525 packs of Remington Golden Bullets priced at $45. American Eagle 525 packs were at $35 at the same retailer.

Hmmm. Smells a bit like the housing bubble at its peak!!
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can get 500 rounds of 22LR for $25 plus shipping from ODCMP. It's standard velocity though and there's a 120 day delay due to the number of orders they've been receiving. It's starting to look pretty good.
  • Options
    WaltherP-38WaltherP-38 Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nope,just about all handgun ammo is in short supply. The manufactures are working 24/7,can't keep up with the demand. I think we can thank our prez for that.
  • Options
    FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WaltherP-38
    Nope,just about all handgun ammo is in short supply. The manufactures are working 24/7,can't keep up with the demand. I think we can thank our prez for that.

Look at the brite side. Something tells me that these people aren't spending all this money on Guns ammo w/the intent of peacefully turning it in when the Libs outlaw it.
    Wonder why the Libs, who are obviously VERY anti-gun, are moving so slowly & carefully on their gun reform legislations?
    The American people have sent them a very clear message.
    Go head, make my day. Ain't gonna go for it. It's the excuse we're waiting for to clean house in Washington. And we are getting ready.
  • Options
    vdms55vdms55 Member Posts: 296 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    fatstrat, i like that line of thought, my only question is..... just how many people will standup when crunch time comes besides me and you?
  • Options
    RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by vdms55
    fatstrat, i like that line of thought, my only question is..... just how many people will standup when crunch time comes besides me and you?

And me ...
    I ain't got no ammo shortage at MY HOUSE!!!
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't seen any bulk pack .22 in months, BUT, I have noticed that *SOME* ammo is starting to re-appear on websites.

So I think the ammo drought has peaked. . .even if we'll still be seeing shortages for months to come.
  • Options
    mcasomcaso Member Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does anyone ever wonder why our government does something when it is obviously going to cause the opposite effect than the stated purpose? There are now more arms and ammunition in the hands of law abiding citizens than at any time in our history. Those citizens that were too foolish to think or pay attention can in time of need easily acquire what might be needed. What is really going one???
  • Options
    moreammoplzmoreammoplz Member Posts: 463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Local Walmart had about eight bulk packs I picked up two of them.

We use to have a .22 rifle match on Thursdays at a club I belong to and we have stopped it. Turn out was pretty low and I talked to a few of the guys and they couldn't find ammo that wasn't crazy prices.
    Hopefully later this summer we can find .22 cheaper.