In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt gold cup value/D.O.M.

bill bradskibill bradski Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
edited August 2005 in Ask the Experts
Hello, I'm a long time reader but new to posting here in the forums. A friend has a colt gold cup national match and is hopefull that the gun is worth several thousand dollars. I told him I didn't think it was worth that kind of money. On the left side it says Gold Cup N.M.
Colts PTSAMFGCO HARTFORD, CONN. GCC1126

on the right side it says GOLD CUP COMMANDER CUSTOM EDITION

The gun is stainless steel, has adjustable sights and it is a shooter but in outstanding condition, probably 90% or better, no factory box or papers, I believe since it doesn't say seventy series anywhere on it that it is not a 70 series, am I wrong? I also believe the GCC1126 is the serial number but I don't know what the other stuff means on the left side. We're just curious and any help would be apprciated, Although I don't post, cloop does not need to reply. Just approximate value and D.O.M. would be great.

Thanks.

-bradski

Comments

• Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bill, Welcome to the forums. Your friends pistol is a Colt "Gold Cup Commander Stainless". Your correct, it is not a series 70.

They started making them in 1992, but have discontinued them. The value in 90%+ condition is about $600.00. This model was a variation of the "Combat Commander Series 80" pistols.

I saw one of these at a gun auction yesterday. I think it went for about $700.00 but was in 95-100% cond with box. The writing on the slide is the abbrv version of "Colts patented firearms manufacturing Company, Hartford Conn"

Joe
    "Never let school interfere with your education"
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't give you a specific DOM. B.B. notes that it was first made in 1992 and then discountinued. They value the pistol as you describe in the $400 to $600, range.

luger_4.jpg