In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need price help on Ruger .308 heavy bbl

john in jaxjohn in jax Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
edited September 2005 in Ask the Experts
I found a beautiful used Ruger bolt action .308, 20" heavy bbl (maybe 22"HB). The owner says ruger only sells this model to LEO's. The gun has a great feel, and has a 2 stage trigger (about 2lb). laminated, 2-front-post, wood-looking stock.

It sounds like a MkII target, but I am not sure. Do the MkII targets come in the shorter bbl lengths? Going to look at it again tomorrow, and maybe buy it.

I'm just looking for some ballpark figure$$ to help me make up my mind.

Comments

• Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sound like the m77 VLE made for leos. I had one in .223. basically the same as a heavy target model, but parked and a darker laminate stock. I sold mine for $450 on GB, maybe should have kept it. has a better trigger than other rugers. Mine would shot 55gr FMJ into about 2.5" @ 200 yds and would do 50gr ballistic tips about half that.
    I used to shoot the heavy target in .308 in matches sometimes. it was a .5 moa rifle easy @100 yds