In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Win Model 12 20ga. skeet what's it worth?

jimmor49jimmor49 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
This shotgun has the 3 pin vent rib and the single diamond on the forearm with a pistol grip and metal grip cap. Ck is WS1. Sooo is this a real sheet gun or a field? Thanks JM

I just got a Wichester model 12 20ga skeet that is in 95% plus condition and have seen prices from $2500 to $4500. I will probably put it up for auction but do not know what to price it at as it looks like quite a range and very few to compare it to.
Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Old FoolOld Fool Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Blue Book says $1050 for a 95% shotgun.

Good luck
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if its original, high prices.
    if its been butchered in any way, cut price in half.
    i/e:
    stock cut.
    aftermarket pad installed.
    reblued.
    bbl cut.
    polychoke installed.
    bored out bore to wrong choke dimension.
    dings.
    dents.
    names etched in it.
    broken missing parts.
    mismatched serial numbers.

btw....that 1050.00 blue book quote is what RETAIL dealers would sell one for in their store. its slightly less for private sales.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • only winchestersonly winchesters Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello jimmor49, Welcome to the forum. first, VINTAGE?? Second plain barrel, Solid Rib,Vent rib, if it's a vent rib, if it's a vent rib which style, 2 pin,3 pin, Donut Post, Cylinder Post, or last style rib posts? Is the barrel choked WS-1 or WS-2? Pistol grip, or English on the butt stock, does the forearm have one large diamond checkered on the bottom, or 3 smaller ones where the center diamond has no checkering.

If your gun has plain walnut field grade stocks, and a plain WS-1 choke barrel, it's actually a field grade not a skeet gun. this was popular in quail country.

You could have a $1000 field gun or a true skeet gun worth $4000 or more.

Regards Dave
  • jimmor49jimmor49 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello this shot gun is all original and has the 3 pin vent rib and one diamond cut checkering on the forearm. Thanks JM[

Hello jimmor49, Welcome to the forum. first, VINTAGE?? Second plain barrel, Solid Rib,Vent rib, if it's a vent rib, if it's a vent rib which style, 2 pin,3 pin, Donut Post, Cylinder Post, or last style rib posts? Is the barrel choked WS-1 or WS-2? Pistol grip, or English on the butt stock, does the forearm have one large diamond checkered on the bottom, or 3 smaller ones where the center diamond has no checkering.

If your gun has plain walnut field grade stocks, and a plain WS-1 choke barrel, it's actually a field grade not a skeet gun. this was popular in quail country.

You could have a $1000 field gun or a true skeet gun worth $4000 or more.

Regards Dave
    [/quote]
  • only winchestersonly winchesters Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Jimmor: you have a real Skeet gun since it has a "3 pin" VR. Which tells me it was made somewhere between 1960-62 time frame. Assuming the butt stock has not been cut for a recoil pad, if you were to put it here at GB I believe it would sell in the range of $2400-$3500. Here the driving feature is the LOP and the figure in the wood. also you will want to remove the barrel assy. and see where the adjusting sleeve is. This will be a true indication of the use it's seen, since "range guns" don't show carry wear like a field gun.

Regards Dave