In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value on handgun?

longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
Looking at a Smith&W.,stainless in 357,been checked,tightnice,model 686 barrel is 7"? I think....anyhow whats thsi worth on the used market?[?]

Comments

• Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    $275.00 to $350.00...depending upon Condition, Location and Demand...If unfired and in the box.....$500.00....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Capt.,I guess he wants 300.00,I have tried it liked the feel,shoots good,do you know anything you think I outa know afore I make him an offer? Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    James LyleJames Lyle Member Posts: 57
    edited November -1
    if it's been fired at all, no dealer is going to offer more than 1/2 of current retail. A private buyer shouldn't have to go much above that. Is the seller a dealer? He'll want 3/4 of current retail.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hunter.... They dont make a 7", its likely a 6".
    Is it a 6 shot or 7. The 7 shot is called a 686 plus and would bring more money.

You say its tight and nice. If so and it has not had an excessive amount of ammo thru it, then about 300.00 to 350.00 would be my est.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Must be 6" it hasn't been fired much at all,it is 6 shot,and no he isn't a dealer,
  • Options
    ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pretty hard to go wrong with that model. I've owned or used four variations of that model through the years and found them to among the most inherently accurate and stoutly constructed revolvers I've come across.
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    great gun < I've had mine for about 20 years now , if you can get a good used one for $300 take it , darn things are running close to 500 for new ones, I watch then alot on auctions and they always bring 300 or more
  • Options
    Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good solid piece LONG, I like the Frame weight better than the 66. You can't go wrong at that Price, its a "No Lose Proposition". "CAPPY" Is right as usual! That would be the market on a good used 686 around here.

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by James Lyle
    Why would I be, punk? I just happen to have a very wide level of interest and expertise, that's all. keep watching. I've posted more gun topics today than everyone else combined. The reason that they dont is that they dont KNOW enough.

22925whocarespg.JPG

You are posting crap!

Regards,
    190191.gif