In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Replacement stock

TexasAgTexasAg Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited February 2008 in Ask the Experts
Would it be possible to replace the stock on my Remington 700 BDL with a mannlicher (full length) stock? Similar to the model 7. Could this be done?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Looking to buy the stock that is made by Bell and Carson for the Remington 700 XCR Tactical Long Range. The Bell and Carson website shows one with adjustable cheek plate and other mods. I am looking to buy the stock that comes from factory. Want it to be the Olive Drab color and in .300 Win Mag.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a maverick model 88( mossberg 500 stocks fit it) that i need a shorter stock for, maybe a youth size. Does anyone know of a place that sells these at a resonable price?

"A good scope can end a bad situation"
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TexasAg,

This is located at Great American Gunstocks. It's in the Fine High Grade gunstocks under the Remington heading. Menu is on the left:

http://www.gunstocks.com/Bargrem_files/R-M700MANB031127.jpg

HRem1-05

For a Remington 700 BDL, Long Action, a Classic Mannlicher made from Exhibition grade fancy Walnut - With intense broken Fiddleback figure throughout.

Was: $1,000.00

Now: $650.00

Best.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So in theory, it will work. I merely wanted to make sure there wasn't a special barrel or special work that needed to be done to fit a 700 with mannlicher stocks.

Thanks for the info. The stock shown is a beautiful stock, but a little more than what I was wanting to pay.