In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Kliengunther Fierarms Info needed

JoaJoa Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited March 2008 in Ask the Experts
Hi
I have two custom engraved Klienguthers K14
One is a Remington 7mm magnum the other a winchester 300 with an error in the engraving.
The initial on the guns is an s with a small line on top of the s and one on the bottom. Could you help me find out who the engraver is/was. I would like to sell these rifles. My husband had the dealership for Kliengunther rifles west of Quebec in Canada. He obtianed these two rifles from Kliengunther himself in 1977 in Seguin Texas. They were manufactured there in Texas, except for the barrels which were made in Austria by Voere. I am also trying to find their value.

Thanks Jo

Comments

• nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Joa,

Welcome to the Gunbroker Forums!

I can only guess at your frustration regarding the identity of the engraver responsible for the work on your husbands' rifles. I am not familiar enough with all of the engravers to be able to nail down the exact person. But, you can contact the FEGA, the Firearms Engravers Guild of America and see if they can help with the identification:

http://www.fega.com/

I'm pretty sure that they will need some quality photographs in order to help them solve the problem. Be aware that with the number of engravers in both the U.S. and Canada, the person that did your husband's rifles might not be known to the FEGA membership. On top of that, the rifles may have been done in Germany.

Good Luck with your search!

As an aside, according to Bob Kleinguenther, the K-14 rifles were designed, manufactured and assembled completely by Voere then shipped to Texas. Bob took the barreled actions out of the stocks, rebedded the actions and test fired them in the Texas facility.

Best.
  • JoaJoa Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Nononsence,

I have already tried going through them but to no avail. They sent me all over the place and no one can answer my question.
    If I could just get a best guess on what they are worth it would help. I have no need for these rifles.

Thanks Jo
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Joa,

Please check your e-mail.

Best.

ADDED:

Here is one on the Auction side, different cartridge but it's in the ballpark of estimated values:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=93297296

Best.