In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Iver Johnson information needed

SwampRattSwampRatt Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited July 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have a top break .32 cal model. I understand there is a book coming out in the fall if this year. I'm looking for some assembly diagrams of a way for me to see how to put the trigger assembly back together. I disassembled it and well, couldn't figure out how to put it back together. Can anyone point me in the direction of someplace that might have diagrams etc?

This piece has a serial number of F4 2728 under the grip and is stamped 2728 on the trigger assembly.

Thank

Comments

• b.goforthb.goforth Member Posts: 982
    edited November -1
    the revised iver johnson book is available now from www.gunshowbooks.com the book due this fall is on harrington & richardson firearms.

the "F" letter code was use on the small frame safety automatic hammer revolver in 1899 and again in 1902/1903. this revolver is a second model safety automatic hammer revolver. i will need information on the patent date markings and where they are found to identify properly. patent date may be found on the top of the barrel rib, the left side of the barrel or on the bottom of the butt.
    bill
  • SwampRattSwampRatt Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the response.
    The barrel stamping is: Iver Johnson's Arms and Cycle works
    TD APR 6 86 FEB 15 87 MAY 10 87 AUG 25 96

Will your book have assembly diagrams?

Gratefully
    SwampRatt
  • b.goforthb.goforth Member Posts: 982
    edited November -1
    those patent dates on top of the barrel indicate a manufacture date of 1899. all second model (1896-1908) safety automatic revolvers were manufactured for black powder cartridge pressures and are not considered safe with modern smokeless ammo.

the book has catalog pages that show the different parts for each model (second model hammer is shown on page 136). this information is useful in identifing parts but not necessarily how they go back into the revolver. but they are other illustration that show phantom views that help in doing this, page 46 shows a third model and page 31 shows a first model. the first and second models are the same except for the barrel latch.
    bill
  • gl1200gl1200 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The library might have
    firearms Assembly/Disassembly Part II Revolvers, pp 127-135 has the info. If you want I will try to email the info.
  • SwampRattSwampRatt Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the history. I'll get a copy of your book.

Bill, Thank you my local lib doesn't have the book. If there is something you would send I'd be grateful.

Is there any private messaging on this board? I'm new here.

Thank you both!

SwampRatt
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No SwamRatt there is no PM feature on this board. If you are signed in there will appear above a post an envelope icon if the poster accepts e-mail. You can send e-mail in that case.