In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Browning A5 Humpback

54Tide54Tide Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited July 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have a Remington 12 gauge with Browning patent numbers on barrel. I believe it to be an early Browning A5 Humpback. It belonged to my great grandfather who was born in 1899, so it could have been bought in the 20s or 30s. Any idea of its year and worth? It is in original unfinished condition.

Comments

• duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Need serial number and a pic.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some of the older Remingtons have a date code on the left side of the barrel just forward of the receiver.

For valuation it would be best if you could post quality photos of the shotgun.
  • brummiejimbrummiejim Member Posts: 324 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi. If your shotgun says Remington and has Browning patent dates on it the gun is probably the Remington Model 11. Remington built this gun under license from Browning from the early 1900's until the end of WW II. To get an estimate of value from the Experts on this site you will need to provide photos and a serial number, as you have already been advised. You can go to the Remington web site and get a quick recap of the history of the Model 11. Model 11's do not bring a premium even in the best condition, unless they have fancy grade wood or other special features. I bought an ordinary field grade Model 11 in very good condition at auction last year for approximately $400.00, just to give you an idea. Hope this has been helpful. Jim