In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

need help with this over/under price

ohioghogohioghog Member Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
here are the details(i cant find it in my bluebook);

valmet over/under
28 inch barrels(no choke tubes)
he said it was made between 1940-50
high gloss stock
vent rib

thats all the info i got over the phone. anyone have an idea on pricing??

Comments

• BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    ohioghog,
    The only book I have handy is "Gun Traders Guide"
    and it's several years old.The only one in that year
    range is called a "Lion".$395 made 47-68.
    Hope this helps.

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What gauge? Ejectors or extractors? What are the choke sizes? Single selective trigger or double triggers?
    A 1999 guide of values gives the value of the Lion model at between $300 for good cond to $450 exc cond. The Lion has extractors, single selective trigger and 26,28 or 30" barrels.
  • captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Have to agree with bobbywins about the year of Manufacture..1947-1968
    Here's all the information I have on the VALMET Lion Over-and-Under Shotgun; Box lock, Selective trigger, Plain extractors. 12 gauge only. Barrels; 26-inch improved cylinder/modified; 28" modified-full; 30" modified full/full. Checkered pistol-grip stock and forearm.....I must have a newer book of values, as mine says the Gun in Very Good condition is Worth $450.00...
    For your information: The Models 330,333T,333 and 2400 are made by VAMET for Savage Arms Company......Best.....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • ohioghogohioghog Member Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for the info. the info that i gave above was all that was available at the time. i went and looked at the gun and it is definately a lion model. nothing special. i was hoping for an upper grade valmet but it turned out to be a plain jane model. thanks for doing the legwork[:)]
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Yeah,Captain K,
    Just looked at my book.
    Copyright 1995.It's the only
    one I have here at work,gotta get a new one.

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    VALMET was a pretty good grade of gun, was purchased by SAKO and became TIKKA. Still a very accurate and quality piece. Very Good condition will book about $450. But if you need an O/U, you couldn't replace it for that (unless you go Russian or Chinese) and they would not be of the same quality.

Ronnie G. Perkins