In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Revolver Identification Please

linthicumlinthicum Member Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2008 in Ask the Experts
Need some help identifying this revolver. It has nothing stamped on it except 1055 on the barrel. Would like to get as much info as possible ie history(if any) value(if any) and caliber. Looks pretty large in the caliber department. Thanks in advance linthicum.
[img][/img]pistol.jpg
[img][/img]pistol1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It appears to have originally been a German military Model 1883 "Reich" revolver. Unfortunately sometime in the past bubba got his miserable hands on it. It now seems to be nickel plated, per your pictures. This effectively destroys it's collectors value. It would be more a conversation piece or decorator now, with a value of probably less then $200.

It was originally chambered for the German 10.6mm Black Powder revolver cartridge and was their standard military handgun until they adopted the Luger in 1908.
  • Options
    linthicumlinthicum Member Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks nufe-snow.
    My neighbor brought it to me and asked if I could get him any info on it. His father had just passed and they have been cleaning out his house . The sad thing is he found the revolver while he was looking for another revolver that his dad had. A Colt Wells Fargo Revolver. Turns out the the Colt was stolen by his nephew and sold for the money. But anyhow thanks once again for the info on the m83.
    linthicum