In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ithaca shotgun

jackh303jackh303 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in Ask the Experts
I recently located an Ithaca XL300 semiauto shotgun. It's for sale, good condition, only one or two spots of surface rust and no scratches on the metal or the wood, plain barrel, 12 ga. 2 3/4 inch shells. What's it's approx. worth, is it still in production, and are parts available? Thanks in advance.[?][?]

Comments

• jackh303jackh303 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm inheriting my grandfather's Ithaca 900 shotgun. I was hoping somebody could shed some light on this gun. I don't have it yet so I don't know the serial numbers.

1. It has the gold engraving on the receiver, which I guess means it is a 900 and not a 900XL. Is this correct?

2. I guess this was produced for a block of years. What are those years?

3. Can you put choke tubes into the barrel?

4. Where can I find a slug barrel? And how much might that cost?

5. I've seen this gun. It's in 95% condition. Normal nicks from use but otherwise low usage and in nice condition.
    What would this gun be worth?

6. In general, I like to know your impressions of this gun. good/bad, etc..

7. Can I shoot 3" or even 3.5" shells it it?

Thanks alot.

Hildy
    edited November -1
    hello i have a 12ga double barrel shotgun marked new ithaca gun. stock,reciever,buttplate and forearm are very nice but barrels are junk any info on parts and age would be appreciated s.n. is 77xx thanks for your time vince
    edited November -1
    i have an ithaca side by side shotgun with serial # 343542 i am trying to find out info about age and model and value. thank you
    edited November -1
    I have a old ithaca model 37 ducks unlimted 12 guage in good condition the reciever is gold ingraving with the ducks unlimted and wondering what it is worth.
  • ithaca4meithaca4me Member Posts: 538 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am assuming with no pictures it is a Flues model made in 1921. Need to see pictures or at least know field grade or what for some approximation of value.