In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What's it worth--Hi-Standard "Posse"

beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
edited March 2007 in Ask the Experts
If you can even find one, you can't find a better one. Bought this one "new" 40+ years ago. High Standard Double-Nine Model W-104 "Posse". All original. Never holstered. Genuine walnut grips with emblem, brass finish backstrap and guard. Few light scratches on the backstrap and guard otherwise practically "like new". I doubt if I've fired more than 500 rds since new and haven't fired it in over 20 years. What do you think it would bring?

DSC00131.jpg
0M9InwN.gif[

Comments

• Options
    big mangobig mango Member Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    box, papers etc. with it ??

Closed auctions for 90 days @ GB show no H-S Posse sold, but like
    H-S revolvers at 200.00 and up for ending buyer.

Needs to be collector that has a gap to fill in his collection to get the price higher than that.
  • Options
    beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately, I don't have the original box and/or papers. I've searched, off and on, for several months and I have not seen one online.
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    of all the 22 s.a. hi stds, the posse has a following that might bring 200 or 400 on a good day. a reallll good day. thats about it.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Post a link to your auction on the General Discussion side when you get ready to sell.[:p]
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    the standard catalog of firearms has the price listings as:
    exc: 200
    v.g.: 140
    good: 90
    fair: 70
    poor: 55

it is also refered to as a "sleeper" with collector potential, hang on to it for a little while and see what happens
  • Options
    JohnStimsonJohnStimson Member Posts: 448
    edited November -1
    The Standard Catalog of Firearms's High Standard prices have not been updated in a couple of years and I have been told that Krause plans to update the High Standard section for the 2009 edition. They used to update that section every year. ??
  • Options
    double955double955 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Always had an affinity for the Double Nine - learned to shoot a handgun on one when I was a kid. Have a couple - this might make a nice "belly gun" addition... have to think about it. I'd gues it's be in the $100-125 range, based on other double nines I've seen lately...
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    posse is a sleeper folks, that model is in high demand.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.