In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

taurus judge problem

lvpattlvpatt Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
edited April 2009 in Ask the Experts
just arrived,i tried to dry fire it before going to the range.i can hardly complete a trigger pull.
i have plenty of da semiautos and revolvers but have never encountered this.
the manual mentions adjustments but i am not good with tools,i was thinking of a lubricant, maybe a breakin period is required, or should i take it to a gunsmith.
some of these forums have been really helpful, so thought i would post on two and see what suggestions knowledgeable people may have.
appreciate any help.

tks

pat

Comments

• dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I know someone that has one. They shot 410's in and it locked up.
    After a good cleaning it worked again. With the 410 shells I figured there was so much unburnt powder in the action, and that's what locked it up.
    They didn't say anything about the trigger pull being very hard.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it's a new gun, I would first take it back to the dealer before trying to do any work on it. If the dealer won't help you, contact Taurus directly. The one I had a while back also had problems, seems that Taurus's quality control isn't all that good.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't fool with Taurus service; I'd return it to the dealer & let him take care of the headache.

Most states have a "warranty of merchantability"; i.e., a product must be suitable for the purpose for which it is intended. This usually means that if something doesn't work when you get it, you are entitled to a refund, regardless of the seller's return policy.

Neal
  • shaneshane Member Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I purchased a judge and it needed a good cleaning straight out of the box. I use the Inhibitor V80 foam. soak the gun inside and out. Let the foam do it's job then wipe off all excess. Repeat this 2 or 3 times then dry out completly and you should be good to go. I've fired about 200rds in mine without any problems, and I shoot all types of ammo in it to.
  • Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    Yeah my 44 hunter was saturated with some sort of oil/preservative that dried to a hard gummy substance. I just took the rubber grips off and hosed it off with a couple cans of cheap brake cleaner to get it all out.