In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt Value

Ruckin69Ruckin69 Member Posts: 274 ✭✭✭
edited April 2009 in Ask the Experts
I need to sell a Colt SAA in .357 Magnum. It is a 1st generation, made in 1938. The serial number is correct, except for the grips. It has the correct grips, but they are not numbered to the gun. I cannot find any reference to tell me it's value. I understand the .357s are rare, but the Blue Book does not mention them specfically.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    can anyone help me on the value of a police positive specail .38 special colt. it is in 100% cond. no box. has nickel plating serial no. 8403xx. has orig. walnut and pearl grips with it. thanks cant find any on GB in nickel. not sure but I think its 3rd generation?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How much is a Colt 1849 Colt pocket .38 worth? A range that is. I ran accross it and am thinking about puchasing it.
    Thanks for your input.
    [img][/img]http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo8/ruckin69/DSC02760.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    have a older colt 38 super automatic.maybe late 60's 90% with orig. box and receipt. 2 mags idea on actual worth? thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a 5" barrel Colt Ananconda. colt says they were only made in 1995 and only 500 were made. Are there any Colt Experts out there that can give me any more info on this gun and can anyone tell me aprox. how much its worth ??
    Many Thanks
    Dave
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi, I just picked up a colt stallion .45 caliber in very good condition that has prof. installed indiglow sights dove tailed in and shoots nice. Is anyone familier with this model and does anyone know the value of it about? Thanks, Randy
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I would like to know the value of a Colt single action Frontier Scout 22 LR revolver with a 4 3/4" barrel. It is in good shape but the blueing is worn on the barrel. I have had it for a long time and would like to know what it is worth.
    Serial #49xxxF condition 75%
    Manufactured in 1959
    Guncontrol-The ability to hit what your aiming at.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    That isn't a Model 1849 nor is it .38 caliber. It's a Model 1862 Police, .36 caliber, made in 1866.

If all the numbers match, barrel markings are clear and has a good, tight action, probably in the $1,200-$1,500 range.
  • Options
    SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    Yep, what spider said.
    they were made with 3 1/2, 4 1/2 , 5 1/2 and 6 1/2" barrels
    on top of the barrell is marked "ADDRESS......NEW YORK...." or "....HARTFORD..." or "...LONDON..."
    the 1862 pocket pistol of navy is essentially the same gun but with a solid cylinder that was roll marked "engraved".
    the 1849 pistols had a solid cylinder as well, but a hexagonal barrel in 3, 4, 5, or 6"

tom
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How will I know if they are matching numbers? Where are they located?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ruckin69
    How will I know if they are matching numbers? Where are they located?

Bottom of the frame, bottom of the trigger guard, bottom of the barrel (those all match according to your pics), bottom of the butt, cylinder, barrel wedge, the arbor (the horizontal post that holds the cylinder on) and possibly (but not necessarily) the top of the loading lever when pulled down.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How does the condition look to you? Lastly, if all the numbers don't match, how much does the value decrease?
    Thanks for all your help!
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Condition is fairly rough the nipples are really enclosed in either grime or rust . The trigger guard looks as if it was painted black . However if you try to clean it MAY reduce the value if you remove the patina. I would say in the condition it is in $500.00 + or - . Your mileage may vary.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think that gun will clean up nicely but don't do it yourself unless you realy know what you're doing. I would love to own it for $500.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys. I'll make a 500.00 offer and see what happens.
    Thanks