In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AR15 Magazines Question?

U2BonoU2Bono Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited June 2007 in Ask the Experts
I just bought and shot my new Stag Arms 1L (AR15). The magazine doesn't seem to fit snug, and it is a Brownells magazine. Doesn't a Stag Arms make their own magazines? Or is Brownell "standard" issue (30-rd chrome with silicone spring)?

Comments

• Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    brownells should work fine?!? It is a USGI body.
  • Options
    ern98ern98 Member Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they are still available try some of the Israelie plastic mags. They were readily available several years back and I liked the so well that they were all I bought, in 30rnd. I had to fit them to my lower because of slight differences between my bushmaster and the standard milspec. But they are snug, not at all a drop free.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have lots of GI mags and many of them are not "snug". They almost always have a little movement after they have been locked in place, its normal.

The test is that they function and feed ammo reliably. If they dont jam the gun up, there is no need to replace them.
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Milspec magazine inserted in a milspec AR will have a slight bit of looseness/sloppiness when empty, or full with bolt back. Mag has a tighter "feel" after first round is chambered. Not to worry. Best, Joe
  • Options
    fastcarsgofastfastcarsgofast Member Posts: 7,179
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by givette
    Milspec magazine inserted in a milspec AR will have a slight bit of looseness/sloppiness when empty, or full with bolt back. Mag has a tighter "feel" after first round is chambered. Not to worry. Best, Joe
    +1