In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wards Texas Ranger

KyRidgeRunnerKyRidgeRunner Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited July 2007 in Ask the Experts
I have an old single shot 12 guage that belonged to a great uncle. The only marking on it says "Wards Texas Ranger". I am assuming it was marketed through the Montgomery Ward catalog. It is probably made by Stevens (it resembles some of their old models). Any information about when these guns were marketed, manufacturer, (a catalog image would be awsome) would be helpful.

Comments

• Options
    KyRidgeRunnerKyRidgeRunner Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I recently inherited a Wards Texas Ranger Model 20, single shot in 12 Ga. It's in very good condition except that the forestock (wood and hardware) is missing. I was hoping someone might have information on where I might be able to obtain a replacement. Any suggestions are most welcome.
  • Options
    elkcrazyfredelkcrazyfred Member Posts: 181 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Gun Marks by Balderson say the Texas Ranger- Trade name used by J. Stevens Company on single shot shotguns for Montgomery Ward and Company.
    Made from about 1910 thru 1940's.....Its considered as a forager's gun....used by 1000's Boys to help fill the Larder at home and on the Farm, with small Game..Sold new for about $7.00............I know this to be true....I had one when I was a Boy back in the 1940's....