In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

22 cal. nazi marked luger?

tandmtiggertandmtigger Member Posts: 119 ✭✭✭
edited December 2008 in Ask the Experts
looking for help trying to find out what this is made by?this is what i know (and when it comes to tech. on guns i dont know much) 1939 chamber date mauser banner nazi marked right side frame all numbers match except i think it is the sear including clip it is 22 cal. (5mm?)a gunsmith friend said it uses a floating chamber like colt ace is NOT ermma conv. not a stoger no barrel markings i can see i know it has to be some kind of conv.(custom built who where when)did germans build anything like this for training like the ermma conv.or trainers i have enlarged photos but have no way of posting them at present thank you for any help Tim

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Please send pictures to karlwoerner@vatractor.com. I might be able to help. Never seen one but never say never when it comes to German guns.

Edit Hello LOTHAR/WALTHER made and insert barrel that uses an insert Cartridge. This looks like a floating chamber. This insert barrel and insert cartridges is the only 22 Parts. all other original 9MM parts are used. You can FAX to me tonight and Monday to 919-654-0957 after Monday please fax to 434-977-7784 or pictures to karlwoerner@vatractor.com

I did not get fax at home yet 919 number but will check at work 434 number and work email thanks Karl. send me an email direct so I can do a reply with picture attachments and I will send pictures of my insert type unit.

Edit I received your fax for the most part too dark to see much But from what I could see I agree this is not normal ERMA unit looking forward to seeing some pictures . would be very interested to see front of toggle with how it is made to both fire and extract a rimfire case
  • Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Erma made a conversion kit for the P08, which we in the good Old USA call the Luger. I once owned one that came in a wooden case with cutouts for the magazine, barrel liner, toggle, cleaning rod and a couple of rod tips. The book Lugers at Random by Kenyon also pictures a Swiss made conversion kit in .22 cal and one in 4mm. Pictures are essential to get help from some of the Luger folks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    herschel and perry shooter thanksfor response herschel i have seen phots of erma conv. it is not one of those it looks just like a normal luger except barrel is 22 cal. (not a insert)is approx. 6in. and does not taper like a normal luger barrel if either have fax i will fax photos to you or mail that is the best i can do for photos as of now
  • Options
    chaosrobchaosrob Member Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would love to see picstures of this as well. Sounds interesting
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Post Clear and Concise Photos for all of us to see...I'd be most interested in seeing myself.....Best....
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    There are no pre 1945 .22 Parabellums.

Conversion kits were used for any .22 training the Germans or Swiss did with them. Since the weapon is dated '39 with Third Reich proof marks, it was originally a 9mm.
    Your mention of the Mauser Banner intrigues me. This would indicate a commercial weapon. Without punctuation, I cannot discern what you are talking about however. The Mauser Banner is the oval football containing "MAUSER". Can you supply a photo of the banner?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    p3skyking thanks for response i am going to try to get a friend to post photos this week, the barrel is hard to describe but it is 22 cal. and not an insert ,the top of toggel has football oval with mauser inside , i know that it was orignaly a 9mm ,is it possible it was converted by german military for training use ? i know they used 22cal. in different forms in rifles. (erma rifles,erma conv. kits)(it has nazi waffen? marks right side frame)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    perryshooter, i will fax photos to you. i am going to try to see if i can get a friend to help me post photos this week. i dont know about the insert you mentioned but it does fire regular 22ammo ,i have shot it a couple of times works flawlessly ,let me know if you recieve pictures or not thank you Tim.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Please send instructions on how to attach a cd file of pictures?