In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Daley O/U vs Ruger Red label

DokeyDokey Member Posts: 941 ✭✭✭
edited March 2007 in Ask the Experts
Need opinions regarding Ruger Red Label vs Charles Daly. I'm looking for a 20 ga O/U. A local gunshop has an older Red Label with blued receiver in 20 ga skeet/skeet for $600 and an Itlian Charles Daley 20 ga O/U mod/imp cyl for $850. The condition of both is about equal VG. They both feel good and throw up very well. The Daly seems a bit lighter. Gun for Gun which is better?

Comments

• Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ruger...lifetime warranty.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    +1 on Bobski"s post hands down the Ruger.
  • Options
    ZinderblocZinderbloc Member Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $600 is a steal for any Ruger Red Label, even the older model with fixed chokes. Buy it.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Red label made in the U.S.A. Daly made oversees somewhere. Turkey? Go with the Red Label.
  • Options
    HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    laxcoachlaxcoach Member Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A blued frame Red Label S/S for $600?
    Do you want $50 profit?
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    A NO BRAINER! Buy the Daley... Let me know where the Red Label is so that I can get it out of their inventory.[;)]
  • Options
    RobinRobin Member Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Daley isn't close to a deal in my book. The Red Label is more or less a steal. Go back and get it. Try not to act to excited. I have a newer 20 ga Red Label with the sporting clay barrel set up (30"). It is a pleasure to shoot and I have never had a problem with it.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go for the Red Label, as it is a much better deal. I would seriously also consider the new line of CZ over and under's. They are like their rifles...very well built.
  • Options
    geeguygeeguy Member Posts: 1,047
    edited November -1
    I'll swim upstream on this one. Both are well worth the $600. But the Daly is made in Italy (not Turkey as the newer ones). Wood is true walnut with nice slim forearm, nice rib, great action (some models did have Alum. receivers) Need to know the exact model for price since $600 is the low and some rate up to $1200.

Can't get parts on the Daly, and bobski makes a good point about the Ruger, but the Daly's not "junk". Which do you like?
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    Fit is everything to buying a shotgun, if it doesnt fit you well then there is no reason to buy it, I don't care what sort of deal your getting on it. But if they both fit you well then I would go with the ruger