In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SA 1911-A1 - Identify the model in the Blue Book

MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
edited March 2007 in Ask the Experts
I am looking to purchase my first SA 1911-A1 and am having trouble identifying the models in the Blue Book. I am looking at used as well as new and want to make sure I know what I'm purchasing. I am looking at one here that is advertised as "Loaded". Do the loaded versions have front and rear cocking serrations? This one does not. Here is the link.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=66799573

I have Glocks and Berettas so the custom 1911 market is new to me. All I know is a buddy of mine has a Les Baer and that is a nice piece of work. I also saw a nice SA 1911-A1 with Black-T coating on it here a couple days ago and that is also a sweet looking pistol.

Any assistance is appreciated
Regards, MAALOX

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello Springfield has a number of different models and LOADED is not IMHO the correct way to describe a pistol. My suggestion is to get the serial and contact Springfield and ask what model the pistol was when shipped. Be aware that you can buy after market parts and anyone may install them but without knowing who did the work it would be a crap shoot on if the gun would be safe . Another point You may never want to shoot the pistol in a DCM/CMP match but if you did the front gripping grooves would make this gun not legal to use . On top of that picture where your palm of your hand is when you are using the front grooves to clear a jam or cycle the slide .Can you say .452 hole though your hand [:0][:0][xx(]"PRAISE THE HARD-BALL GUN"
  • Options
    JAK71454JAK71454 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It looks stock (unaltered) to me. But it is not "loaded". Jim
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello the HC in the serial # is for a double stack HIGH CAP. magazine it also has beavertail grip safety . Not what I would want "as a 1911A1 it ain't" but some people want more then 8 rounds
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here is the picture of the one I would like to find. I saw this on another forum where they were talking about black-T finish. The post was two years old so I haven't been able to contact the owner yet and ask what model and modifications. Looks like the "Custom" but not sure what else. Anyone know the model?

Professional_SOG_sm.jpg

Thanks
    Regards, MAALOX
  • Options
    tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    I think you are looking at a TRP-PRO !!! Just a guess!

http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?model=11
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tobefree
    I think you are looking at a TRP-PRO !!! Just a guess!

http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?model=11

Thanks, but I don't think this has the picantinny rail like the TRP. However, thanks to your link I found the "custom" line on the SA website which I think this gun is from.

I found this pic on Glock Talk but for some reason I am not allowed to register and thereby send the person an email. Says my IP is blocked by the admin. Never been a member of Glock Talk so I'm not sure why my IP is blocked.

Thanks again
    Regards, MAALOX