In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Finally posted my Colt 32 Government Auto for sale

bagsjrbagsjr Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
edited June 2007 in Ask the Experts
I think this url will work to view the auction.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=73141703

You can do a search of postings by bagsjr to read previous dialog from this forum on this firearm. I posted it for sale today.

Please send me a note if you have questions.

Thanks,
Bob.

Comments

• 101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope you *realize* your BIN price
    which is not going to happen.
    Wrong forum for a plug.
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A Colt Factory Letter is a sword that can cut both ways. This gun was made at just about the time that the factory finish changed from blue to parkerized, so it would have been easy to convince me that it had the original finish. But, your factory letter shows that they shipped a BLUE pistol; so, yours was probably arsenal parkerized.

In addition, the packaging couldn't be original. Colt did not ship pistols in 1944 inside wrappers marked "Aug 1960". It is an "arsenal repack".

Neal
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    $8,000????!!!???? [:0] If you get that, I'll let you sell ALL of my guns for me!!! [:p]
  • modocmodoc Member Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Me too with a 50% commision..YES SIR..
  • rock,roll,n,loadrock,roll,n,load Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For sale, but really don't want to get rid of!
    [xx(][xx(]
  • bagsjrbagsjr Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ah thanks for pointing out the issue on the finish. So the original finish was blued. It's parkerized now. The bag does say 196x...so correct also that it can't be the original bags. These are the bags the firearm came in when my father got it.

I'm not expecting to get the BIN price...not even close.

Thanks,
    Bob
  • bagsjrbagsjr Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I lowered the start and BIN price substantially and I made corrections to the description regarding the finish and the packaging.

Thanks,
    Bob.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bagsjr
    Ah thanks for pointing out the issue on the finish. So the original finish was blued. It's parkerized now. The bag does say 196x...so correct also that it can't be the original bags. These are the bags the firearm came in when my father got it.

Thanks,
    Bob

Since the finish listed in the Colt letter is "Blue" and the pistol is now Parkerized, you showing a copy of the letter in the auction, wouldn't make a positive impression to a collector. My 2?.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    quote:Originally posted by bagsjr

Thanks,
    Bob

Since the finish listed in the Colt letter is "Blue" and the pistol is now Parkerized, you showing a copy of the letter in the auction, wouldn't make a positive impression to a collector. My 2?.

I respectfully disagree. It shows that the seller is honest and that would impress me as a potential buyer.
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Bagsjr...good man. Let this auction run its course. Then re-list it. It may very well be a re-arsenaled (still authentic USGI) pistol. Carefully inspect slide/frame for arsenal stamp. Wording such as "unfired since it left the arsenal" may be valid. All the dates you mentioned would then fall into place. This is your first GB auction. Aren't you glad there's this type of forum to refer to?

If you are not an FFL, get one that is willing to ship for you. It will save hassle/money in the long run.

Thanks for letting me surrender an opinion. Good Luck! Joe